5th January, 2004
THE OXFORD SAMUEL BECKETT THEATRE TRUST
Applications are currently being invited for the 2004 Oxford Samuel
Beckett Theatre Trust Award.
The purpose of the award is, in particular, to help the development
of emerging practitioners in the field of experimental theatre and,
in general, to encourage the new generation of creative artists. Support
is aimed at assisting artists in the transition from fringe to studio
spaces. A grant of up to £30,000 and a three week run at the Riverside
Studios (Studio 3) in November 2004 will be awarded to an individual
or company for a production of their choice. Bold, innovative and challenging
projects will be favoured.
Further support will be provided in the following areas:
- The successful applicant will have guidance and support from the
Artistic and Administrative team at the Riverside Studios. One week
of technical rehearsals in Studio 3 will be provided before the three
- The successful applicant is likely to have had some professional
theatre experience but to have had no more than 1 or 2 productions
in a studio or a larger space
- Those who are or have been recipients of fixed-term funding will
not be eligible neither will those in full time education
- Be U.K. citizens and normally resident in the U.K.
- Artists from all disciplines are encouraged to apply
- Shows with a previous production history will not be considered.
- A 500 word outline proposal on the production and the ideas behind
- A CV, including any grants or awards that have previously been received
- Selected candidates will be asked for a second submission to develop
their ideas further. They will also be asked at this stage to submit
a proposed production budget, details of a design and production team
and design ideas for the production. Finally, in May, shortlisted
candidates will be asked to present their ideas in front of a panel
at the Riverside Studios
- Please state where you heard about the award
- Please include a SAE
Please visit the Oxford Samuel
Beckett Theatre Trust Award website for further information.
Applications should be sent to
Romilly Walton Masters,
The Oxford Samuel Beckett Theatre Trust,
PO BOX 2637,
The deadline for applications is 20th February 2004
News Archive M-Z
Production News Archive
Please note that all three Archive
indices are very long and will therefore take some time to download.