National Theatre's partner project
The National Theatre has received Arts Council funding for a three-year partnership project in six key areas:
- Doncaster, in partnership with Cast
- The Greater Manchester metropolitan area in partnership with The Lowry, Salford
- Outer East London with the Queen’s Theatre Hornchurch.
- Sunderland, in partnership with the Empire Theatre and Fire Station
- Wakefield, in partnership with the Theatre Royal
- Wolverhampton with the Grand Theatre
This grant will help fund a programme to broaden and increase theatre audiences and productions, in six areas of low arts engagement. Activity includes large and mid-scale touring, sustained community projects and an extensive education programme including touring into schools, alongside an audience development research project.