The Full Monty has been revealed
The cast has been announced for the world première of Sheffield Theatres' The Full Monty.
Kenny Doughty (Sky TV’s Stella), Craig Gazey (Coronation Street), Simon Rouse (The Bill), Keiran O’Brien (Nine Songs), Roger Morlidge (The English Patient, Shakespeare in Love) and Sidney Cole (Absolutely Fabulous) lead as the out-of-work Sheffield steelworkers; Scott Anson, Tracy Brabin, Caroline Carver, Eamonn Fleming, Elaine Glover, Rachel Lumberg and Ian Mercer complete artistic director Daniel Evans's company.
Written by Simon Beaufoy, whose screen credits include BAFTA winning The Full Monty, Salmon Fishing in Yemen and Oscar winning Slumdog Millionaire, and based on one of the most successful British films ever made, this adaptation is Beaufoy's first work for the stage. The production will also feature the iconic songs from the film by Donna Summer, Rod Stewart, Hot Chocolate and Tom Jones.
The Full Monty opens at the Lyceum Theatre, Sheffield in February and then tours.
- 2–23 February, Lyceum Theatre Sheffield
- 26 February–2 March, Birmingham Hippodrome
- 4–9 March, Bristol Hippodrome
- 11–16 March, Marlowe Theatre Canterbury
- 19–23 March, His Majesty’s Theatre Aberdeen
- 1–6 April, Grand Opera House Belfast
- 25–30 March, Festival Theatre Edinburgh
- 8–13 April, Bord Gais Energy Theatre Dublin
- 15–20 April, The Lowry Salford
- 22–27 April, The Mayflower Southampton
- 29 April–4 May, Cliffs Pavilion Southend On Sea