Born Guy Mastroianni. Educated Christ's Hospital School, Sussex
1972-79 and University of Wales, Cardiff 1979-82 (Graduated BSc Hons
Biochemistry & Chemistry) Emigrated to USA, 1982.
- 1982-84 : Hotel & Restaurant management, Hilton Hotels
- 1984 : became carpenter to support acting tuition at UCLA.
- 1985-89 : performed in over twenty plays in Los Angeles including
The Caretaker (Mick), City Gents, The Elephant Man
(Ross), Othello (Iago), Hamlet (Hamlet), The Taming
of the Shrew (Petruchio), Henry V (Henry), and Romeo
and Juliet (Mercutio).
- 1989-90 : attended LAMDA (Postgraduate Diploma).
- 1991 : formed Guy Masterson Productions to produce Peter
Flannery's The Boy's Own Story.
- 1992-3 : National tour of The Boy's Own Story. Appeared
in Cyrano de Bergerac (Bellerose/Ligniere) with Robert Lindsay
at the Theatre Royal, Haymarket, West End.
- 1993-8 : appeared in Under Milk Wood (solo), Animal
Farm (solo) domestic and international tours. Directed Playing
Burton, The House of Correction, Bye Bye Blackbird.
- 1998 : A Soldier's Song premiered at Edinburgh &
Dublin Festivals and toured domestically and internationally throughout
- 1999-2000 : Directed All Words For Sex for Edinburgh
Festival 2000. Toured domestically and internationally for Guy Masterson
Productions to New Zealand, Holland, Hungary, Austria and Hong Kong.
- Recent televisual work includes three episodes of Dennis Potter's
Cold Lazarus, several commercials' and improvised comedy in
Brass Eye with Chris Morris (episode controversially withdrawn
- As a freelance critic and feature writer he has been published in
The Herald, The Guardian, The Scotsman and The Stage as well as The
Dominion (New Zealand), The Times of India, and The South China Morning
Post (Hong Kong).
- Recently married to Brigitta and father to Indigo.
Please note: these credits may not be complete.
Actor Page Index