Octagon's eight questions
18 October 2020
Reporter: David Upton
The Octagon is asking the people of Bolton to answer eight questions as part of a project for the reopening of the theatre.
It’s a call out to audiences and the wider community to hear about people’s experiences of 2020 and hopes for the future. The theatre is inviting people to respond to eight questions and the answers will inspire a new project for the opening of the venue after its major redevelopment:
- What are three words which sum up 2020 for you?
- What image or moment of 2020 will be the one thing that stays with you?
- Is there something positive that you have experienced or learnt during 2020?
- What are three words that sum up Bolton for you?
- If you could speak to Bolton, what would you say?
- What taste / smell / sound sums up Bolton for you?
- What is one thing that might surprise people about Bolton?
- What are your hopes for the future?
Answers can be a couple of words, a full sentence or a longer paragraph. The Octagon would ideally like answers to all questions, but you can leave a question blank if you need to.
There’s an online survey on the Octagon's web site or you can respond by e-mail to [email protected], by post at Octagon Theatre, Howell Croft South, BL1 1SB or by calling the box office on 07860703688 and giving your answers to a member of staff over the phone. The survey will be open until November 1.