Resort in Black and Light
3 October 2021
Reporter: David Upton
Blackpool’s Lightpool Festival takes place October 15–30.
The 16-night programme features light installations, live performance and 3D projection shows. It’s free to access and staged across a range of indoor and outdoor venues, showcasing 16 new illuminated artworks including nine world premières.
It’s all complemented by Blackpool Illuminations, the celebratory display of the World Fireworks Championship Blackpool and a new seafront festival village opposite Blackpool Tower.
Live performances include:
- Symphony of Light, Olympia, Winter Gardens, 7–9:30PM, October 22.
- World Fireworks Championship, Tower Festival Headland, 8:30PM, October 23
- Illuminated Tram Parade Featuring, Central Promenade, 5:30PM, October 27
- Global Grooves Carnival, The Blackpool Tower Ballroom, 6 and 8PM, October 28
- Silent Disco, Blackpool Tower Fifth Floor, 7–9:30PM, October 29
- The Nixies of Oakpool by The Electric Sunshine Project (Springfield Road) 6:30 and 7:30PM, October 27–29