24:7 runners and riders
4 May 2012
Reporter: David Upton
This year's ten 24:7 Festival productions and their writers have been announced for this year's July event:
- All The Bens by Ian Townsend
- The Cell by Michael Crowley
- Firestarter by Dave Windass
- Goldfish by Lisa Whiteside
- The Interpreter, Home by Hekate Papadiki
- The Legend of the Ghost Shark by Anthony Morgan
- Loaded by Jo Kirtley Pritchard
- My Arms by James Leach
- Stars Are Fire by Francesca Waite
- The Transit of Venus by Eric Northey
Some of the writers have known 24:7 for years and even performed in the Festival. For others it's their first involvement, but all will have a director and producer to make up their core team and are now set for the rigours of getting the show ready.
As ever, a lot of actors are desperate to get involved, but it's up to participating productions to cast their own shows.
However, as a new development, organisers will this year be recruiting a company of 24:7 Festival Players for a variety of roles in July.