More NE theatre closures (Update no 8)
17 March 2020
Reporter: Peter Lathan
Joining the already announced closures of Newcastle Theatre Royal, Sunderland Empire, The Customs House, Darlington Hippodrome, ARC Stockton and The Hullabaloo Darlington, are:
- Dance City in Newcastle and Sunderland
- Billingham Forum which will be closed for theatre productions
- Harrogate Theatre closed until 31 March, with review in the week beginning 23 March
- Live Theatre has just announced that it is closing (1:34).
- Northern Stage has also announced suspension of performances until 20 April.
- The Queen's Hall in Hexham has closed until 31 March.
- The Georgian Theatre Royal in Richmond is closed until further notice.
- There are cancellations, rescheduling and postponements of shows at The Tyne Theatre and Opera House. See web site for details.
- Sage Gateshead until further notice.
- Gosforth Civic Theatre is now closed, but the café remains open.
- Newcastle's Alphabetti is now completely closed.
- All performances at Hartlepool Town Hall Theatre now cancelled.
- Northumberland Theatre Company (NTC) has cancelled the rest of its tour of Angels of the North.
- Alnwick Playhouse closed until 31 March when the situation will be reviewed.
- Middlesbrough Theatre closed.
- Arts Centre Washington now totally closed.
- Seven Stories, Newcastle, The National Centre for Children’s Books, is closing from 5pm today (18 March) until 19 April.
- All performances up to 8 April at Playhouse Whitley Bay have been postponed.
- Durham's Gala Theatre is now closed until further notice.
- Consett Empire has now closed until further notice.
- From Friday 20 March until further notice all performances and evening events at The Witham in Barnard Castle are postponed or cancelled but the building remains open.
- The reopening of Bishop Auckland Town Hall Theatre, scheduled for the beginning of April, has been postponed until further notice.
- Seaton Delaval Arts Centre closed until further notice.
- Saltburn Community and Arts Association closed until further notice.
- The Eastern Lane site of The Maltings in Berwick, which includes the Café Bar, will close from 4:00 on Saturday 21 March until the end of May.
- Durham's Elysium Theatre Company has cancelled its planned production of Look Back in Anger.