New board members at MIF
25 September 2017
Reporter: David Upton
Manchester International Festival has announced the appointment of nine new members to its board.
- Maria Balshaw – Director, Tate
- Richard Bell – North West Senior Partner, Deloitte
- Sir Howard Bernstein – former CEO, Manchester City Council 1998 - 2017
- Alan Bishop – former CEO, Southbank 2009 – 2017
- Jamil Khalil – CEO and Founder, Wakelet
- Amy Lawrence – Young Person’s board representative, Artist
- Malcolm Press – Professor and Vice-Chancellor, Manchester Metropolitan University
- Lemn Sissay MBE – Author and Broadcaster
- Cathryn Wright – Managing Director, Stonewall
Tom Bloxham, Chair of the Board says it is now ready to take Manchester International Festival forward into its second decade: “the next few years will be momentous for the organisation and the region as The Factory is built and inaugurated.
"In this board, we have real expertise from across the arts and creative, academic, business, digital and public sectors—skills we will be drawing on to make the most of the possibilities The Factory offers.”