News from the North East
11 March 2012
Reporter: Peter Lathan
Extra Mysteries auditions
Auditions for the Customs House, South Shields, community production are scheduled to take place at the venue next Sunday (18th March) at 2pm but already an additional date is being planned.
"We forgot that Sunday 18th is Mothers' Day," said director Peter Lathan, "and that could cause some people problems, so we have decided that we will hold a further audition on another date if there is a demand.
"Anyone who can't come on 18th but would still like to audition should contact me at email@example.com and we'll sort out another time."
What's on this week
- The King's Speech comes to the Theatre Royal, Newcastle, from Monday to Saturday
- The Wardrobe Ensemble present Riot at Northern Stage and Wednesday and Thursday, followed on Friday and Saturday by Northumberland Theatre Company with 4 WORDS: Love, Life, Longing and Laughter
- Fuses continues at Live Theatre until Saturday
- On Saturday Björn Säfsten presents Display at Dance City
- On Saturday and Sunday the Chinese State Circus is at Sunderland Empire
- The Sleeping Beauty, presented by Moscow Ballet La Classique, comes to the Journal Tyne Theatre on Wednesday
- Open Clasp presents Swags and Tails at Alnwick Playhouse on Wednesday
- Transitions Dance Company presents a triple bill at the Maltings, Berwick, on Saturday
- On Wednesday Northern Bites presents Hide at the Queen's Hall in Hexham. On Thursday balletLORENT's Underneath the Floorboards is sold out
- The Moscow State Circus comes to Billingham Forum from Friday to Sunday
- The Chinese State Circus is at Darlington Civic from Monday to Wednesday, followed on Friday by The Burlesque Show
- Darlington Arts Centre presents Optimism by Uncanny Theatre on Tuesday, followed by Open Clasp with Swags and Tails on Friday
- On Friday LipService presents Withering Looks at the George Theatre Royal in Richmond, followed on Saturday by The Paper Birds with Thirsty