Summer in Durham
23 April 2012
Reporter: Peter Lathan
Durham's Gala Theatre has announced its programme for summer 2012. Theatrical highlights of the season (and beyond) are:
- Birmingham Royal Ballet with Lyric Pieces by Jessica Lang, Pineapple Poll by John Cranko, The Clog Dance and Lily of Laguna pas de deux from Hobson's Choice by David Bintley and the pas de deux from Marius Pepita's Don Quixote on 8th and 9th May
- English Touring Opera will perform Rossini's The Barber of Seville on 14th May and Tchaikovsky's Eugene Onegin on 15th May.
- The Northern Stage/Live Theatre production of Close the Coalhouse Door comes to Durham from 12th to 16th June.
- On 23rd and 24th June at 11am and 1.30pm Watershed Productions present Charlie and Lola's Best Bestest Play.
- New musical Bugle Boy, the life story of Glenn Miller, runs from 9th to 11th July.
- Chapterhouse Theatre Company perform Jane Austen's Emma on 22nd August.
- From 9th to 13th October Pilot Theatre presents Roy Williams's adaptation of Alan Sillitoe's The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner.
- This year's panto, which runs from 29th November to 5th January, will be Sleeping Beauty, written and directed by Simon Stallworthy and again starring Neil Armstrong and Paul Hartley.