The moon is going on tour!
Published: 2 November 2018
Luna, a play for 2- to 5-year-olds about "friendship, the moon and being brave in the dark" from Darlington’s Theatre Hullabaloo, is going on a national tour from Friday 9 November.
Luna is bored up in the sky with no-one to play with. Although she is surrounded by stars, they never quite understand her—it’s very lonely being the only moon.
One night, as she’s racing among the stars, she spots a young boy hiding from the shadows in his bedroom. Billy and his favourite toy, Pig, don’t like the dark and do all they can to distract themselves from the scary shadows.
Luna decides to slide down from the sky to make friends with Billy. Together they go on an adventure of light and dark to help him overcome his fear of the night-time.
Luna is devised and directed by Sarah Argent with music by Greg Hall, movement by Jem Treays and design by Bek Palmer. The creative producer is Miranda Thain. Tamara Saffir plays Luna and Jack Lloyd Billy and the music is performed by Emily Atkinson.
The play visits:
- 9 & 10 November: Chapter Arts Centre, Cardiff
- 11 November: Gulbenkian Studio, Canterbury
- 14 & 15 November: Saffron Hall, Essex
- 17 November: The Boo, Rossendale
- 18 November: The Lowry, Manchester
- 20 November: Coronation Hall, Ulverston
- 25 & 25 November: Watermans, London
- 28 November: Nuffield Theatre, Lancaster Arts
- 29 November: Old Fire Station, Carlisle
- 30 November: Palace Theatre, Kilmarnock
- 01 December: The Exchange, North Shields
- 2-4 December: Queens Hall, Hexham
Then from 8 to 29 December it will play at The Hullabaloo, Darlington.