Writehouse invites new theatre writing submissions
7 February 2020
Reporter: Peter Lathan
Writehouse is a new writing event showcasing playwrights from Sunderland and beyond, providing an opportunity for theatre-makers to meet in an informal, social environment. It is open to all and not dependent on previous experience. A selection of extracts from submitted scripts will be directed and performed by professional theatre-makers at each event.
Submissions should be:
- No longer than 10–15 minutes in length (extracts or standalone pieces)
- Have no more than 4 characters
- Have minimal staging and props.
The guidelines for submissions are:
- Deadline: 5PM, 3 March 2020
- Script should be sent by e-mail to [email protected]
- Covering e-mails should include the writer's name, address and telephone number and the title of the work
- The script should not contain any personal identification details.
Writehouse is funded by Sunderland Culture’s Great Place Unlock programme and developed in association with Theatre Space North East and NE Script Space.
The first scratch night will be on Thursday 2 April 2020 at The Peacock, High Street West, Sunderland.