ENB at HOME: youth dance course
25 July 2020
Reporter: Vera Liber
This summer (3–7 August), English National Ballet will run a course of free online classes for young dancers aged 14–19 years curated by ENBYouthCo Creative Director Richard Bermange and streamed on ENB’s YouTube channel.
Each day, a 60-minute dance class will focus on keeping active, maintaining technique and expressing creativity in the morning (11AM), followed by a 75-minute choreographic workshop in the afternoon (1PM) with guest artists Renaud Wiser and Malgorzata Dzierzon and on Friday a West End / Broadway workshop with Carrie Johnson.
- Day 1 – Monday 3 August: ballet technique with Richard Bermange and choreography with Malgorzata (Gosia) Dzierzon
- Day 2 – Tuesday 4 August: contemporary creative with Naomi Cook and creative choreography with Malgorzata (Gosia) Dzierzon
- Day 3 – Wednesday 5 August: ballet with Crystal Costa and creative choreography with Renaud Wiser
- Day 4 – Thursday 6 August: contemporary technique with James Muller and creative choreography with Renaud Wiser
- Day 5 – Friday 7 August: yoga and meditation with Crystal Costa and Broadway / West End workshop with Carrie Johnson
Led by this year’s Dance Journeys Artistic Co-Directors, the choreographic sessions will be inspired by ENB’s repertoire and images and recordings from the company’s history.