It's all a drag this summer
5 July 2021
Reporter: Sandra Giorgetti
The force behind West End comedy Death Drop, drag specialist TuckShop is producing London's first drag spectacular this summer.
Tuck Shop West End, which can be seen at the Garrick Theatre, will feature RuPaul’s Drag Race favourites as well as All The Kings Men, a night of Drag King excellence, CRAZY bingo, cabaret and Drag Me to the Musicals, which speaks for itself.
Producer Chris Clegg said, “after an incredible smash hit summer with Death Drop, I’m beyond delighted that Nica Burns and the incredible Nimax team have asked Tuck Shop back to the Garrick for the West End’s first ever drag season. This festival is showcasing all kinds of drag in the biggest and best ways! I hope audiences come and experience the broad scope of what the UK drag scene has to offer in a way like never before. And be sure to book four shows—you’ll get a tucking good discount!”
Tuck Shop West End comprises:
- Ginny Lemon: a night of madness, music, mayhem, and more madness from Drag Race UK’s Ginny Lemon. Supported by Midgette Bardot and Yshee Black.
- Joe Black: a gin-soaked musical extravaganza.
- Holly Stars: Comedy Club: Death Drop star and writer leads a comedy line-up.
- Gals Aloud: starring Cheryl Hole, the ultimate drag girl band tribute.
- Drag Queen Bingo: with Charlie Hides: bingo and prizes with Drag Race US star Charlie Hides.
- Born this Way: A tribute to Gaga: a tribute with a fierce drag twist featuring HERR, Ophelia Love, Bones, Jason Kwan, and Bailey Jay Mills.
- All the Kings Men: LoUis CYfer hosts an evening with Richard Energy, Oedipussi Rex, Dorian T Fisk, Len Blanco, Sigi MoonLight and more.
- Baga and the Broads: Baga Chipz headlines this night of classic British drag.
- The Bitten Peach: the UK’s only gender-diverse Pan-Asian cabaret collective featuring drag, burlesque, dance, comedy, music, and circus.
- Juno Birch And Liquorice Black: ABSOLUTELY COMPLETELY NORMAL CABARET: camp chaos and sparkly sexiness.
- Spice Gals: time to Spice Up Your Life with this fierce, camp drag show.
- The Cocoa Butter Club: decolonise and moisturise your life for an evening showcasing and celebrating performers of colour; expect burlesque to circus and voguing to vocals.
- Drag me to the Musicals: surprise guests from the West End join this salute to musicals.
Tuck Shop West End runs at the Garrick Theatre from 27 July to 8 August. Booking four tickets releases a 25% discount.