NE company on national tour
Published: 22 January 2019
NE company The Letter Room takes No Miracles Here, a story of resilience and hope set in a dance marathon, on a 15-date national tour opening at Newcastle’s Northern Stage on 15 and 16 February.
At a dance marathon in a northern town, we meet Ray, a young man with a big night ahead of him. The music has started and he can't leave the floor. With his band The Raylettes, he just has to keep going in what is described as a “sweat soaked marathon with a northern soul,” a look at how you can overcome depression through dancing.
The Letter Room is a devising ensemble of six actor-musicians with a growing family of other associate artists. It was formed in 2013 through the NORTH programme at Northern Stage, a scheme built to train and support the next generation of theatre makers. Its first show was The Man Who Thought the Moon Would Fall out of the Sky. Since then, the company has created three shows through collaboration as musicians, devisers, writers, performers and occasional dancers.
The show was performed at Northern Stage’s venue Summerhall at the 2017 Edinburgh Fringe.
After the Northern Stage performances, No Miracles Here moves on to:
- 25-26 February : Edge Hill University, Ormskirk
- 28 February : Gala Theatre, Durham
- 1 March : Square Chapel, Halifax
- 5 March : Theatre by the Lake, Keswick
- 7 March : The New Wolsey, Ipswich
- 9 March : The Garage, Norwich
- 12 March : CAST, Doncaster
- 14-16 March : 2019 Greenwich Theatre, London
- 21 March : Lincoln Performing Arts Centre
- 23 March : Crewe Lyceum