No Dalmatians at Regent’s Park
25 January 2021
Reporter: Sandra Giorgetti
It has been confirmed that Regent’s Park Open Air Theatre will no longer stage 101 Dalmatians in the 2021 season.
Rehearsals which were due to start in March are not going to be possible with the expected COVID restrictions, particularly given the scale of the show, the large cast and complex puppetry involved.
Timothy Sheader, the theatre's artistic director, said, “although we will be contacting all ticket-holders to provide them with a full refund, we are exploring all options with our co-producers, writers and creative team and very much hope to be able to announce new plans for the production in due course.”
The season will now run as follows:
- Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare – 26 June to 24 July
- Carousel music by Richard Rodgers, book and lyrics by Oscar Hammerstein II, based on Ferenc Molnar’s Liliom adapted by Benjamin F Glazer, original choreography by Agnes de Mille – 30 July to 18 September
- Dragons And Mythical Beasts by Derek Bond – 10 August to 5 September
Single performance events include
- Luisa Omielan: God Is A Woman
- Jimmy Carr: Terribly Funny
- Shakespeare For Every Day Of The Year Live
See the theatre's web site for details of BSL Interpreted and Audio Described performances and age suitability.