Sadler's Wells cancels further performances
30 July 2020
Reporter: Vera Liber
Sadler's Wells and Peacock Theatres have extended their cancellation of performances across until 10 November 2020.
Despite recent Government announcements on rescue packages and the reopening of public spaces, Sadler's Wells has stated that its programmes for this autumn were not created with 'social distancing' restrictions in place and so it feels it is not yet able to welcome audiences to its theatres.
Performances cancelled include:
- Machine de Cirque, The Peacock, 8–26 September
- 2020 International Opera Awards, Sadler's Wells, 21 September
- Akram Khan Company - Outwitting the Devil, Sadler's Wells, 28–30 September
- Tango After Dark, The Peacock, 29 September–17 October
- Akram Khan Company: XENOS, Sadler's Wells, 3–5 October
- Akram Khan Company: Until the Lions, Sadler's Wells, 9–11 October
- Akram Khan Company: We are but Shadows, Sadler's Wells, 13 October
- Wild Card: Christopher Matthews / Formed View Lilian Baylis Studio, 21 October
- Flamenka, The Peacock, 29 October–7 November
- Pagrav Dance Company, Lilian Baylis Studio, 5–6 November