The Peggy Ramsay / Film4 Award winners
18 October 2021
Reporter: Sandra Giorgetti
The winners of The Peggy Ramsay / Film4 Awards have been announced.
The award of six bursaries of £10,000 each will go to:
- Karis Kelly for Consumed (Lyric Theatre Belfast)
- Amy Trigg for Reasons You Should(n't) Love Me (Kiln Theatre)
- Natasha Brown for I Am (Not) Kanye West (Boundless Theatre)
- Hannah Lavery for Lament for Shiku Bayo (Traverse Theatre)
- Yolanda Mercy for Quarter Life Crisis (High Tide Theatre)
- Nina Segal for O, Island! (The Tom Erhardt Bursary) (Royal Shakespeare Company)
The winners will also fulfil a year-long attachment with the theatres named above whilst they write at least one new full-length play which, once completed, they may submit for The Sonia Friedman Productions Award.
The judging panel was made up of Jack Bradley from Sonia Friedman Productions, Ben Coren from Film 4, Dinah Wood from Faber & Faber, Will Mortimer from Bridge Theatre, Georgia Gatti from Jonathan Church Productions, Indhu Rubasingham from Kiln Theatre and the playwright Nicholas Wright.
The panel chair was Sir Richard Eyre CH CBE who said, “we had a very good year for entries—very inventive and very diverse. It was so satisfying to see that people are so hopeful about the future of theatre after the misery of lockdown.”
The Peggy Ramsay / Film4 Awards are supported by The Peggy Ramsay Foundation with Film4 and the Maria Bjornson Memorial Fund. The scheme administrator is Sue Higginson OBE.