More NDC Wales performances online
21 April 2020
Reporter: Vera Liber
National Dance Company Wales has scheduled online performances for another four weeks, and dancers Clap for Carers this week.
On Thursday 23 April, as the UK comes together for the weekly Clap for Carers, dancers from NDC Wales will perform their own short clap dance after 8PM online and asking audiences to join them in clapping. Set to composer Steve Reich’s Clapping Music, the 1-minute clap sequence is a short dance film inspired by Ed Myhill’s Why Are People Clapping!? The original dance piece was created as part of National Dance Company Wales’ Alternative Routes in 2018, before it toured across Wales as part of the Company’s Routes tour in 2019.
NDC Wales has a programme of online activities that includes a dance piece to watch every Thursday afternoon. The line-up for the next 4 weeks is:
- 23 April 2PM: 2067 Time and Time and Time by Alexandra Weistall. Live Q&A follows with dancer Josh.
- 23 April 8PM: Why Are People Clapping? by Ed Myhill.
- 30 April 3PM: Desensitized by Matteo Marfoglia, is a 2016 dance film about the deprivation of senses. Live Q&A follows with choreographer Matteo Marfoglia.
- 7 May 2PM: Rygbi: Annwyl i mi / Dear to me by Fearghus O’Conhuir. 2019 recording from the National Eisteddfod. Live Q&A follows with sound designer Tic Ashfield.
- 14 May 2PM: Afterimage by Fernando Melo. Live Q&A follows on Facebook Live.