ENB promotions and new joiners for new season
31 July 2019
Reporter: Vera Liber
Tamara Rojo CBE, Artistic Director of English National Ballet, has announced promotions within the company and new joiners for the 2019/2020 season.
- Aitor Arrieta, Katja Khaniukova and Ken Saruhashi have been promoted to First Soloist.
- Julia Conway, Daniel McCormick and Erik Woolhouse have been promoted to First Artist.
- Emilia Cadorin has been promoted to 7th Year Artist of the Company.
- Stina Quagebeur will become First Artist & Associate Choreographer, dividing her time between performances and work offstage including choreography and work with young dancers through ENB's Engagement Department and English National Ballet School.
- Chloe Keneally joins as an Artist of the Company from English National Ballet School. Keneally was the winner of the ballet category of BBC Young Dancer 2019 and has previously performed with English National Ballet in Nutcracker and My First Ballet.
- Brooklyn Mack will perform as a Guest Artist during the autumn and winter season. Mack last performed with ENB in 2016 in Le Corsaire.
- Breanna Foad will return as Artist of the Company, joining until the end of the Coliseum season.
- Mayumi Ganley joins the Artistic Team as Ballet Mistress alongside new Ballet Masters Laurent Guilbaud and Renato Paroni de Castro, who joined mid-season.
- Principal Begoña Cao leaves ENB to pursue other projects after 22 years with the company.
- Artist of the Company Shale Wagman left at the end of the season.
- Artist of the Company Connie Vowles left in January to join Dutch National Ballet.
- After 27 years, Company Pianist Chris Swithinbank left to pursue other musical interests.