Dance Umbrella's first digital series
Dance Umbrella has announced My Dance DNA, its first digital series, in partnership with The Space, a new talks series which can be watched online featuring five of Britain’s top contemporary choreographers in interviews filmed in front of a live audience.
The 60-minute interviews, filmed by The Space for live broadcast on Facebook, will be staged as live events at arts venues across England with the full series of videos made available for wider distribution online at a later date. Each talk will be split into a 45-minute interview followed by 15 minutes of audience Q+A.
After a short introduction and questions about the choreographer’s earliest experiences of dance, there will be a discussion of up to six clips of dance on film which have had a great impact on the choreographer’s career. Half of the clips will be the choreographer’s own work, while half will be from some of his or her other influences.
Featured choreographers will be:
- Kate Prince & Karim Zeroual - Tuesday 27 June from the Birmingham Hippodrome
- Akram Khan & Kathryn Hunter – Sunday 17 September from Leicester Curve
- Siobhan Davies & Maria Bradshaw – Friday 22 September, Venue TBC, Manchester
- Shobana Jeyasingh & TBC, Monday 6 November from Dance East
- Wayne McGregor & TBC, Wednesday 22 November from Wayne McGregor Studio
The interviews will be available to watch free for one week following the live broadcast.