South east reviewer
Born Ellesmere Port, Cheshire and educated as a chorister at Chester Cathedral, Chester City Grammar School
Later theatre study: Lancashire Ed authority for Drama Board associateship (ADB) and then Rose Bruford College for BA (Hons) Manchester;
Journalistic Career (from 1950s)
- Chester Chronicle
- Cheshire Observer (Arts Editor for several years then Deputy Editor)
- Whitchurch Herald (Editor from 1986-88)
- HM Central Office of Information (Information Officer)
- BBC NW Region (freelance announcer)
- Diocese of Salisbury (Communications Officer & Bishop's spokesman '88-97)
- Now theatre/entertainment writer Salisbury Journal and opera writer Southampton Daily Echo
Community theatre activity:
As actor and director with theatre and music groups in Chester and North Wales.
Acting roles include
- Elliott (Private Lives)
- Cauchon (Saint Joan)
- Strauss Father (Waltzes From Vienna)
- Njegus (Merry Widow)
- God (Chester Mystery Cycle)
- for Christleton Village Players Spring & Port Wine and The Winslow Boy,
- for Chester OS Oklahoma! and Die Fledermaus,
- for Deeside Orpheus Perchance To Dream, The Mikado, Iolanthe
- for Dee & Alyn G & S Princess Ida, Patience, Trial By Jury
Nights of Gladness, tribute to Evans's Song & Supper Rooms, at Villiers (The Player's Theatre) September 2003.
Other interests: Local Amateur Studio Theatre (press officer) walking, swimming, travel.
Sadly, Kevin passed away on 7 September 2012.
Romeo and Juliet
The Nuffield, Southampton, Headlong Theatre and Nottingham Playhouse in association with Hull Truck Theatre