Since returning to Manchester after 15 years as a journalist in London, I have become a freelance writer and media consultant/trainer.
During my time in London, I spent ten years at The Times in a variety of roles. These included news reporter, news editor, politics correspondent, business journalist, transport specialist, features writer and online reporter. Prior to The Times, I worked for the Financial Times group and freelanced for The Daily Telegraph, The Guardian, The Sunday Times, The Independent on Sunday and the FT.
I have also provided media training and consultancy to a number of high profile companies, including the Royal Mail. Awards include Journalist of the Year.
Current roles include:
* theatre reviewer for the British Theatre Guide in the North West
* producer at BBC Radio 5 Live
* freelancer for The Guardian following a contract covering for the Northern Correspondent
* writer for The Times' Northern business supplement, Business Insight
* corporate copywriter for, among others, the National Theatre
* media trainer and consultant
* conference speaker
* as I have spent the past year renovating a period cottage, I am also writing about property
* reviewer and speaker for the Manchester Salon